Re: firewalld management on a headless server

On 03/27/2017 09:23 PM, Mike wrote:
Webmin used to be considered insecure, and people would scream and yell if
you suggested using it. Has that changed?

       mark

Ahh, I did not know of this.
Well, I'm back to suggesting OP take a little time and get comfortable with
firewall-cmd in the terminal. If we want our solid redhat clone then
systemd, NetworkManager, and firewalld are soldered into the foreseeable
future.

I am a bit familiar with firewall-cmd, but need to learn more. But I am looking out to other functions and management. I am looking at multi-function devices and such. So I would like something beyond cli for the interface.

Wild thought.  a php-firewall package with the policy in MariaDB  :)

Then I can tie it into RESTCOMF and I2NSF. Got to talk to some people here at IETF tomorrow...

But I will look again at webmin.  Use to use it a lot.