Re: Up to date guide/information Sendmail SMTP Auth

On 03/08/2017 10:41 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
Hello all,

I've been googling my brains out since yesterday looking for up-to-date information on this matter, and have found information that is anywhere from 15 to 5 years old. I'd really like some information that much more up to date on the subject. Specifically configuring Sendmail SMTP authentication (_no smart host stuff_).

I've got Sendmail 8.14 installed on a CentOS 7.3 server. Also installed:

- Cyrus-sasl
- Dovecot
- Openssl

Essentially everything I need except the working knowledge for the process. If someone knows where I might locate this information it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you need Cyrus-sasl anymore?  Dovecot now comes with its own sasl.

I am working up a C7-Postfix/MYsql/Postfixadmin/Dovecot/Roundcube/Amavis-clamav howto.

So, sorry, I switched from Sendmail to Postfix some 6+ years ago.

I am actually doing this on Centos7-amrv7hl, but it will work on all C7 arches. It will take me a couple more weeks to finish, but will share with anyone that wants it now or more wants to help.