Re: help with RewriteRule regexp

I tried:

RewriteRule ^webmail\.|/webmail https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]

But that does not rewrite for http://webmail.domain

Seems I left off one point in this message.

This is to refine these rules in my Apache server.

         RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
         RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]

I only want the rewrite if the URL includes webmail as I indicate below.

I have found that now the RewriteCond is 'recommended' to be changed to:

         RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !=443

But I have not found how to test for a string in the URL in the RewriteRule.

My regexp skills are somewhere infinitesimally close to zero. I have never really 'gotten' them.

That said, I have spent a couple hours already search for help to write a rewriterule that works on a string in the URL. In particular I want success if either of the following were provided:

webmail.domain (e.g. webmail.foo.com)
server/webmail (e.g. www.foo.com/webmail)

And I have not found anything like this, nor do I know even close enough of regexp to recognize something like this in another expression.

Thanks for the help.