Re: GCC 4.9 in CentOS 7 ??

Yeah, I'm not fond of the new model for building packages by doing a git checkout to get the spec files and sources and other stuff.

The software collections looks like it might interfere with some of my own packaging (repos that build upon EPEL to provide modern server stack based on LibreSSL and a repo for modern multimedia)

I did find the newer gcc src.rpm but it looks like it has a lot of build dependencies also part of the software collection model, so I think I just have to accept that latest mkvtools are not for me.