Re: Network Storage

On 1/12/2017 1:55 PM, TE Dukes wrote:
Would it be possible to add a couple HDs to my existing 6.8 server and set
them up as RAID drives?

assuming your server has room for more drives and sata or sas ports, sure. physically add the disks, use mdraid to put them in a mirror or raid5/6 or whatever, use vgcreate to define a new volumegroup from that raid, then use lvcreate to create logical volumes on that volume group, which you can put file systems on, and add those file systems to your /etc/fstab, then mount them.

  If so, how would I keep it from mirroring the system drive?

it would only do that if you explicitly told it to.