Re: Mate and USB headphones

On 01/07/2017 03:34 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 02:11:47PM -0800, Alice Wonder wrote:
On 01/07/2017 01:42 PM, Laurent CREPET wrote:
On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Alice Wonder <alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Logitech H540 headphones were working fine.

Suddenly stopped.

On my C7 Mate system I have what may be the same issue:
if the "sound preferences" app (aka Mate Volume Control) is already
running at the time the USB headphones are plugged in, the USB phones
appear as disabled.

OTOH, if the phones are plugged in, then the Mate Volume Control is
started, they are not listed as disabled.

I leave the headphones plugged in all the time, they were working fine and just recently stopped after doing some work in Audacity, I am wondering if Audacity disabled them for some reason but if it did, not while I was using it.

I'm at a loss as to what triggered them to be listed as disabled.

When that first began happening (a year or two ago, I think) I
posted on the Mate forums and someone said he thought he saw the
bug and would do a build to fix it.  unfortunately his build did not
fix it, and it has remained.

AFAIK, I have no sound hardware blacklisted (where do you blacklist it?)
I have an Nvidia card with HDMI output, and it shows up in the sound
app, but since I don't do HDMI video on this machine I always just
ignore that device.

Blacklist is in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

On mine it consists of

blacklist snd_hda_intel
blacklist snd_hda_codec_hdmi

I think only the first is necessary to prevent the useless sound chip from being chosen but I have both lines there.