Re: Strange (?) device.map in CentOS 7 VM installations

On 29/12/2016 11:24 πμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

...I have found that all my CentOS 7 installations (VMs under KVM) have the same /boot/grub2/device.map, which seemingly refers to two HDs, although the VMs in fact include only one (virtual) HD.
This is NOT the case with my CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 VMs, which all have a "correct" device map, with a single (hda0) entry.

Is the above behavior expected? If not, what should be the expected way of operation and what may be the cause of it?

I am trying to understand where something may be going wrong, so please help.

Hello,

I never got a reply on this, so I repeat the question:

Is it normal in CentOS 7 to have a device map with two entries esp. when the (physical or virtual) hardware has only one hd ?

Is the following normal?

    /boot/grub2/device.map:

       # this device map was generated by anaconda
       (hd0)      /dev/vda
       (hd1)      /dev/vda

Please advise!

Thanks,