Re: [OT] Network Attached Storage

Once upon a time, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> The FreeNAS Mini from iX Systems is a good deal more expensive, but
> the ones I've worked with have been reliable and well suited to
> running ZFS with good performance.

I just retired a TrueNAS (the iX Systems "enterprise" version of
FreeNAS, on hardware they sold pre-configured), and I don't have a lot
of nice things to say about it.  The hardware they sold was just
SuperMicro, so nothing special (and with the standard SuperMicro
problems).

There are some good people at iX, but I wish I hadn't had to deal with
them so much.
--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>