Re: Adobereader on Centos7 crashes

Hi  Rob
did you ever try sith master-pdf-editor?

http://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor.php

The functionality you require in AR may be available from master-pdf-editor as well...

suomi

On 01/01/2017 07:11 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
On 01/01/17 04:35, johan.vermeulen7@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

I can't get Adobe Reader to run stable on Centos7, when trying to edit
settings or trying to print, it crashes.
The issue is people need to digitally sign pdf forms. When I open
these forms with anything else then Adobereader, I get EM

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version
of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade
to the latest version of Adobe Reader from
www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I spent a lot of time trying to solve this with other pdf viewers,
including google-chrome and Foxit, and trickery with ps2pdf and
Pdfedit. Nothing works.

I installed Adobereader following this:
https://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/install-adobe-acrobat-pdf-reader-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/

So I tried installing this on an up-to-date CentOS 7.3 system and it
fails to find
Error: Package: AdobeReader_enu-9.5.5-1.i486
(/AdbeRdr9.5.5-1_i486linux_enu)
           Requires: libpangox-1.0.so.0

which a yum whatprovides */libpangox-1.0.so.0 shows as:
pangox-compat-0.0.2-2.el7.x86_64 : Compatibility library for pangox
Repo        : epel
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/lib64/libpangox-1.0.so.0

and even after an install of this package still fails - thus I suspect
it relates to not finding the 32 bit version as the epel version
installs this in /usr/lib64

What did you do to overcome this dependency?

The signing of these forms is vital to my organization, so any help
would be appreciated.

Greetings, J.