Re: CentOS 7/GNOME 3 customise top panel

On 17/10/16 20:40, Phil Wyett wrote:
On Fri, 2016-10-14 at 18:20 +0100, Tris Hoar wrote:
On 14/10/2016 15:45, Toralf Lund wrote:
<snip>

Ok, I think I understand now. Does this not work?
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/4/panel-favorites/
This may well do what I need. Just didn't notice it when I looked at extensions earlier. I'll test this later. (I'm not on a CentOS 7 machine right now.)

<snip>

This extension will add your favourites from 'Activites' onto the top
panel and can be installed in CentOS as it is in the main repo.

sudo yum install gnome-shell-extension-panel-favorites

Good. That's the way we want it.

This maybe something for the original author to try and see if it fits
their needs. Unsure about custom launchers with this extension.
One thing we've told users to do in the past is to edit a certain pre-installed launcher after dragging it from the panel to the desktop (and they didn't find it hard or confusing...) Perhaps something like that won't be possible with this extension. But I'll find out what can be done.

- Toralf

Regards

Phil