Re: porting spec files

On 10/07/2016 01:44 AM, Ned Slider wrote:
On 06/10/16 22:50, Alice Wonder wrote:
An rpm intended for a bleeding edge Fedora builds perfectly for me when
I comment two macros apparently not in CentOS 7 -

%transfiletriggerin

and

%transfiletriggerun

Looks like they operate similar to %post and %postun but are different.

Is a simple way to do what they do in CentOS 7 or do I have to change
the packaging logic to build in CentOS 7 and have things work properly?

These are file triggers, they trigger scripts to run when specific files
are added or removed from the system when packages are (un)installed.
See here:

http://www.rpm.org/wiki/FileTriggers

Whilst RHEL's version of RPM doesn't support file triggers, it does
support package triggers, so maybe you could devise a workaround with
those:

http://rpm.org/api/4.4.2.2/triggers.html

Okay it looks like what is happening is the triggers are used when plugins are installed, and the CentOS 7 way is to run those triggers in the post/pre scriptlets of the packages that have the plugins.

Probably better to have the file trigger conceptually, less chance for scriptlet bugs, but CentOS 8 will come soon enough I suppose ;)

--
-=-
Sent my from my laptop, may not be able to respond timely