Re: Virtualization Networking

On 9/28/2016 8:43 AM, tdukes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm a little confused on which networking option I need to choose when
setting up a VM.

the host thats running the VM, is it connected to a LAN behind a firewall/router, or directly to the internet? if directly, is there a dedicated internet IP address that the VM can use? if yes, then you want a bridged network where the VM uses that dedicated internet IP seperate from the host's IP.

if its on a LAN with private addressing, you want to use a dedicated LAN IP address, seperate from the host's LAN IP, but since its behinda NAT router, I really don't know how you'd expect it to use DDNS as that will only see the router's internet IP address.