Re: KVM issue

On 6/16/2016 5:22 AM, Richard wrote:
Have you tried a "virsh detach-device ..." and then the corresponding
[re-]attach (or maybe even just a new "attach" first)?

When my guest complains about the USB not being there I can generally
make things work with:

   virsh attach-device <guest> --file usb_device.xml --current

all sorts of combinations like that,.

where the "usb_device.xml" file has the six lines you included above
from your "virsh edit". Since your guest isn't running I think you'd
have to use "--config", rather than "--current" on that line.

It's not obvious that that will clear up your assignment problem, but
it might be worth a shot.

turned out, after hours of head banging, I needed to do a --force-start

    virsh start mydomain --force-start

and voila, no problems, USB  device picked up at its new address, etc.