Re: Pulling in broadwell support for cent6u5

On 6/15/2016 8:18 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
I would point out that we provide CentOS-6, which is defined as all the
latest updates installed.  Point releases are just a mechanism to create
installable trees and new installers for new hardware at a point in
time. It has never been a tested scenario to only pick and choose
updates while not installing all of them.

+100

I would think that a customer who had data stolen or was somehow hurt by
an entity who purposely ran servers that came into contact with the
internet and also purposely ran software that had CRITCAL and
correctable security flaws present would be very upset.  I would also
think that they would expect an entity to install every security update
to protect their data .. But what do I know.

+100^2