Re: Getting hibernate to work on a new CentOS 7.2.1115 install

On 12/06/16 16:45, Globe Trotter wrote:
Hi,
I am a new CentOS user (quite familiar with Fedora 1-23+) and I decided to try a new install of CentOS on a ASUS R503U.

However, I can not get hibernate to work. I try:
systemctl hibenaate
and I get:
Failed to execute operation: sleep verb not supported
Btw, the problem does not go away with super-user.

I was wondering how to get around this issue. I would like the abililty to hibernate and come back in the last state.
Thanks!

This error message is generated when the sleep operation is not possible. Do you have sufficient SWAP configured on your system?