Re: CentOS 6 as DNS-Server

I'm also using ddns and have my zone files in /var/named/chroot/var/named/dynamic.
are you using DDNS in DualStack (IPv4 and IPv6 together) or do you
have only DHCP or DHCPv6 and not both?

IPv4 only.

By default, SELinux prevents any role from modifying named_zone_t files; this means that files in the zone database directory cannot be
       modified by dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates or zone transfers.

       The Red Hat BIND distribution and SELinux policy creates three
       directories where named is allowed to create and modify files:
/var/named/slaves, /var/named/dynamic /var/named/data. By placing files you want named to modify, such as slave or DDNS updateable zone files and database / statistics dump files in these directories, named will work normally and no further operator action is required. Files in these directories are automatically assigned the ’named_cache_t’ file
       context, which SELinux allows named to write."

That's probably why I have updateable zone files in chrooted /var/named/dynamic. Default targeted policy comes with necessary rules for chrooted bind. See

# semanage fcontext -l | grep named_