Re: Internal RAID controllers question

On 05/08/2016 06:20 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
there are really only two choices today, Adaptec and Avago (formerly LSI, they also control the former Areca product line).

I don't believe that is correct. LSI acquired 3ware, and Avago acquired LSI. So, Avago owns the 3ware and LSI technology, but Adaptec and Areca are still competitors.

Whoops, Avago is now Broadcom, a company I like even less for broken closed source firmware and total lack of hardware documentation.

If it makes you feel any better, Avago acquired Broadcom, not the other way around. I would expect Avago's culture to be the dominant one, and watch for changes in Broadcom's firmware and documentation practices.