Re: tune2fs: Filesystem has unsupported feature(s) while trying to open

On 04/30/2016 11:06 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

On Sat, April 30, 2016 12:56 pm, William Warren wrote:
ALL systems need patching so obsessing about uptime is insecurity on its
face.  It doe not matter if it is windows or linux or anything else.

As I said, I feel I hear MS Widows admins on this list. There are only two
things that require reboot in UNIX and Linux Worlds. Kernel patches or
rather installation of patched kernel (and again, no splice or similar on
my servers), and libc or glibc (as all and everything is linked to
libc/glibc, so it is virtually impossible to swap over to patched
libc/glibc in RAM).

All other updates/patches do not require reboot (at least for those who
know what they are doing).

Just my $0.02.

Valeri

I like to reboot every few months just to make sure all the services that are suppose to come up do come up, so that if it unexpectedly goes down and is brought back up automatically, it is more likely to function as it should.

But that has nothing to do with patches.