Re: Firefox and Flash

On 04/26/2016 12:03 AM, Andreas Benzler wrote:
Hello every one I installed the official
flash plugin from adobe

About Plugins tells me:

     Datei: libflashplayer.so
     Pfad: /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
     Version: 11.2.202.577
     Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

But it is:

  strings /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so  | grep 616
FlashPlayer_11_2_202_616_FlashPlayer
LNX 11,2,202,616
11.2.202.616
drm/%s/%s/%s/11.2.202.616%s

Any ideas?

As far as I can tell Adobe stopped supporting flash on Linux and a deprecated vulnerable version is all that is available.

I would highly advice against using the flash plugin. Unfortunately advertising networks do not adequately vet flash based advertisements resulting in malware being distributed via flash on common websites we all visit, including news sites.

Usually the malware targets Windows but there is some that targets Linux and will encrypt files on your system asking a ransom for the decryption key.

Just say no to flash.

That's not what you asked, but that's what I advise.