Re: C7 AD server

Il 07/02/2016 01:11, Miguel Medalha ha scritto:
Try this. I have been thinking of trying it on C7.
http://www.linuxhelp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10868

I wouldn't follow the instructions on that link.

Disable iptables? Nah!

The author lumps SELinux and the firewall together.

What is said about DNS is also misleading. DNS is crucial for AD.

Please look at the Samba Wiki instead.

Hi Miguel,
last link was outdated and I'm using samba4. Over this, I've used sernet samba version to accomplish this work. First, the configuration with samba-tool is simpler. The new approach is a AIO solution.

Then, I've provisioned the domain without any problems and joined from win7 host. All works fine.

The next step that I tried to accomplish is create a share on this host and I've encountered problem with permission on shared dir. If I try to access/write/read this share I get permission denied. Setting permission on 777 all works but this is not what I want. I've tried to verify the existence of create users and groups but on system (using getent) users are not seen on system and the same for groups.
On DC side, I can see user and group with wbinfo command.

Share file system is xfs.
At the moment Selinux and firewalld are disable for test purpose.
How I can assing permission on this share?