Re: Just need to vent

On 01/24/2016 11:46 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
On 01/24/2016 11:31 PM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Hodrien
Sent: den 24 januari 2016 12:47
To: CentOS mailing list
Cc: Mark LaPierre
Subject: Re:  Just need to vent

My opinion is that there's a silent majority who don't hate Gnome3,
and that
it's not half as terrible as people seem to make out.  You can start
applications, move windows around, and manage files.  What do people
really
want from a DE?  Being able to just type winkey-texmaker and have
texmaker
start up is suddenly a bad thing?

Spot on.

Oh and as far as a silent majority that prefers Gnome 3 -

Ubuntu was by far the most common distribution for desktop users.

It is quickly being overtaken by Mint - with the Cinnamon and Mate builds, not the Gnome 3 build.

I think that indicates Gnome 3 doesn't have a silent majority, because the most popular desktop distribution is losing ground fast specifically to a fork with desktops based on gtk2 - one of which is a fork of Gnome 2.

That seems to me to indicate people are rejecting Gnome 3.