Re: Just need to vent

On 01/24/2016 03:40 PM, Peter Duffy wrote:

The thing which always gets me about systemd is not the thing itself,
but the way it was rolled out. When I first installed Red Hat 7, if a
window had appeared telling me about systemd and asking me if I wanted
to use it, or stick with the old init framework, I'd have opted for the
latter (as I was interested primarily in continuity from the previous
version.) But I'd have noted the existence of systemd, and would have
tried it out on a sacrificial box - I might even have got to like it!
But having it rammed down my throat just put me off it for life (bit
like a kid being force-fed Brussels sprouts.)

I don't mind systemd - but I'm not fully convinced it was a necessary change.

I still have a lot to learn about it and sometimes that's a problem, I don't learn things as well as I did 15 years ago.