Re: getting X started...

For CentOS 5 or 6, edit /etc/inittab to default runlevel 5. For CentOS 7, in the */etc/systemd/system *directory, Remove the existing default.target link. An error will occur while attempting to create the new link if you do not do this.Run the following command to generate a new link to the desired run target. *
*

*systemctl enable graphical.target
*

*