Re: Idiot-proof method to format a flash drive

On 11/30/2015 1:39 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
Whenever I format a flash drive I'm always terrified that I'm going to fat-finger something in the terminal and accidentally blow away a partition on one of my hard drives.*shudder*

Is gparted the best gui to handle this task?  Or is there something better?  I'd really prefer something more limited that just allows me to select whatever it sees as a removable drive and disallows any screwin' about with the other drives.

"Format the USB connected drive?".
"Choose format (ext4, ext3, fat32)".
"Blammo."

nearly all disks are removable...  AHCI sata drives can be hotplugged, etc.

I've not used gparted, just command line parted, I'm pretty sure it won't let you mangle a disk thats got mounted partitions