Re: how do I download pictures from a dumb phone?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015, John R Pierce wrote:

On 11/27/2015 3:40 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
How do I download pictures from a dumb phone?

I've used a program called BitPim on MS Windows to copy stuff to/from 'dumb' phones like that, it specifically supports Verizon phones. I see there's a Linux version, but no idea what it takes to get working. In addition to letting you at the pictures, it will backup and restore and edit the address book on the phone.

http://www.bitpim.org/

That might work.
The latest rpm is for CentOS 4.5,
so I will need to use the source.
So far, it's not going well.

The e-mail idea wold be good if I were willing
to pay for e-mail just to move pictures.

bitpim seem to be the most likely prospect at the moment.
Anyone have a plan B?

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,