Re: Newbie alert

On 11/26/2015 9:19 AM, Digimer wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply!
>I found many bug trackers related to RedHat. Could you please provide
>some links as to which ones need to be fixed ?
>Sorry for the newbie question
What needs fixing depends entirely on what your interests are and where
your skills are. I would go here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/query.cgi?format=advanced

Then search Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5, 6 or 7), which is upstream for
CentOS, pick some components you're interested in and see what there is.
Find something you think you can help with and start poking around. If
you think you have a patch or fix, post to the bug and see what people say.

how open is RH to bug fix submissions from non-customers?

I got the impression most of their bug fixes were done internally by employees, a large part of which consists of backporting fixes from upstream FOSS projects.