Re: C7: How to configure raid at install time

On 11/25/2015 09:09 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
should I put swap on both drives? should it be RAID1 also, or just
two swap partitions not in any RAID volume?

I really recommend using the fewest partitions possible, since md RAID operates on partitions (Anaconda won't create full disk md RAID volumes), and replacing a disk will require you to handle each partition individually. It's probably best to do a small /boot on RAID1 and use the rest of the disk for a second RAID1 volume, with LVM on that.

(If you haven't looked at the links I posted earlier, do consider that)

(I remember seeing a somewhat technical article in the last couple
of  years that talked of a potential corruption issue if one puts
swap into a  Linux software RAID-1 volume, but no longer recall
the details.)

There's no corruption. If a write is canceled before it completes, you might end up with a block mis-match (or might have, I'm not sure if that still happens), but no corruption. The mis-match is on a block that isn't mapped to anything, and will never be read by anything other than a RAID verify. It's ugly because it means the verify operation is no longer useful, but it won't cause any read from the RAID volume to return bad data.