Re: OT Strange IP address on home network

On 10/30/2015 09:01 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Johnny Hughes wrote:

So I guess the strange IP address probably comes from some Lite-On device
somewhere in my house - maybe on the server itself, an HP MicroServer.
There are so many possible electronic culprits today.

You should be able to use nmap to scan the device.

Thanks very much for the suggestion, I'll try that.

I've been surprised how much information I get from iptraf-ng,
which I only discovered recently.
I knew about "arp -a", but I'm told I should be using "ip neigh".
However, that doesn't give the name of each device on the network
(if known), as arp does.

Try putting this line

IPV6INIT=no

in the relevant config file, probably something like

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth?

then restart your network.