Re: ssh freezes

On 10/26/2015 10:28 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

All too often, my ssh session will freeze.
I'm fairly certain the problem is at my end.
None of the tilde commands work.
In particular, ~# and ~. are nonfunctional.
I can write to ssh's terminal window from another terminal window.
If I kill the ssh process, I can ssh in again.
The next time it happens,
I will try another ssh session without killing the first one.
dmesg did not show me anything interesting.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose?

what OS/version are you ssh'ing from? what version of ssh is installed on this? [1]

what OS/version are you ssh'ing to? what version of sshd is installed on this? [2]

what network media is between these two hosts? anything out of the ordinary in the setup?

[1] rpm -q openssh-clients  - assuming this is a recent centos
[2] rpm -q openssh-server     ''    ''