Re: Software RAID1 Drives

On 10/7/2015 3:14 PM, Matt wrote:
I have 3 4TB WD drives I want to put in a RAID1 array.

Two WD4000FYYZ

and

One WD4000F9YZ

All enterprise class but two are WD Re and one is WD Se.  I ordered
the first two thinking 2 drives in the raid array would be sufficient
but later decided its a long drive to the server so I would rather
have 3 drives and ordered a third in accidentally did not get EXACT
same thing.  Would there be ANY issues mixing these?

using Linux MDRAID ? they'll probably be fine. they are all 7200rpm drives so should have quite similar performance. main difference is the MTBE spec