Re: livecd vs nfsroot vs what?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 07:10:08PM +0100, Nux! wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to deploy some non-linux OS via pxe and I was thinking to
> just launch CentOS in RAM and then run dd or qemu-img or something
> like this in order to complete the other OS install via template
> imaging.  My first idea was to build a custom CentOS livecd and use
> that in combination with pxe kernel parameters, but perhaps there's a
> better way to do this.
I would use the regular kickstart %pre parts if the tools you need are
already there or could be imported.
If you can pxe, what about trying warewulf diskless boot to achieve
what you need ( I have played with c6 + clamav + ntfs3g to
clean-up a friend win7 laptop).
xcat can also be a choice, although I haven't tried.

Cheers

Tru

--
Tru Huynh