Re: SATA adapter recommendation

On 7/27/2015 12:29 PM, g wrote:

On 07/27/15 10:06, Bowie Bailey wrote:
I have an old computer running CentOS 5.  I need to add an SATA drive to
it, but it doesn't have any ports, so I need an add-on card.  The board
only has a 32-bit PCI slot.  Any recommendations on cards/brands that
work well with CentOS?  I don't need any raid capabilities, I just need
a couple of SATA connections.

.
i hope certain others will excuse my reply to you OT post.

instead of a pci slot board, i purchased a board that is an ide/pata to
dual sata converter.

card connects to ribbon cable dip connector on main board, giving 2 sata
connections. works great.

an inet search for 'ide/pata to sata converter' will give plenty of hits.

card i purchased;

http://www.startech.com/HDD/Adapters/IDE-to-SATA-Adapter-Converter~PATA2SATA2

card is available thru many computer accessory suppliers which one will
find with web search of "ide/pata to sata".

That's not a bad idea. I'll have to take a look at the case and see if I have room for something like that.

--
Bowie