Re: Mounting NFS file systems via Nautilus on CentOS 6

On 13/07/15 00:58, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
Looks like Nautilus is periodically 'stat'-ing the bookmark location.
Yep.

I'm wondering if this should be reported as a bug. I really think it ought to leave the bookmarks alone until you actually try to access them.

How about making a softlink to the target dir in your home directory, then
bookmarking the link in nautilus.  Hopefully Nautilus will stat the link
and not the target then.
I've been away for some days, so I haven't been able to test this until now...

Anyhow, I like the idea, but it looks like it doesn't actually work. I guess Nautlius will also "follow" links when it does whatever it is it wants to do with the bookmarks, so that bookmarking a link has the same effect as bookmarking the target location :-(

Another observation is that bookmarks for remote locations in URL form (smb://..., ftp://... etc.) will not be accessed in the same manner, so I'm thinking that the problem would be solved if I could trick the system into thinking the autofs mount point is one of those. (It *is* a remote location, of course, but not in the same way...) I have no idea how this might be done, however.

- Toralf