Re: Backups solution from WinDoze to linux

--On Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:44:32 PM +0200 Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've tried bacula/bareos and they are horribly outdated in how they
approach backups and only really useful if you use tape backups (because
that's the only target they were designed for).

FUD.

I've used bacula for years through various versions.  The last time
that I backed up to tape was probably five years ago.  Since then, I've
used disk-based backups, both permanently mounted and detachable.

Having a tape *model* does not imply that you're using tape.  Yes,
the disks appear as tape libraries, autochangers, etc, however that
doesn't impact their usability or performance.

Bacula is a solid multi-OS platform.

Devin