Re: LVM hatred, was Re: /boot on a separate partition?

On 6/24/2015 3:11 PM, Chuck Campbell wrote:
Is there an easy to follow "howto" for normal LVM administration tasks. I get tired of googling every-time I have to do something I don't remember how to do regarding LVM, so I usually just don't bother with it at all. I believe it has some benefit for my use cases, but I've been reticent to use it, since the last time I got LVM problems, I lost everything on the volume, and had to restore from backups anyway. I suspect I shot myself in the foot, but I still don't know for sure. thanks, -chuck

Gentoo Wiki has a pretty good "cheat sheet" on it:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LVM