Re: Virtualization

On 06/17/2015 10:24 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

On 06/17/2015 04:52 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
But to address the direct question of the OP, I use KVM for many things, but I have older hardware in quantity on which I'll likely run Xen4CentOS with paravirtualized guests,

Is not LXC an alternative for such situation? Simpler, fully integrated to libvirt,...

Perhaps for some of our workloads LXC and LXD (for 'live migration' things) would work, but I have a need on a few VM's to have different kernels and even completely different yet paravirtualized OSes (pfSense for one, since FreeBSD has paravirtualization drivers) running, even going as far as having mixed 32 and 64 bit installs. Some of the applications we use are a bit version-locked for various reasons beyond our control. And, yes, I'd like hypervisor-based HA and live migration for my pfSense and OpenBSD VM's.