Re: CentOS 7 + Dell Latitude E6420 laptop = thermal shutdown

On 6/12/2015 4:10 AM, johan.vermeulen7@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I had C6 running on a lot of Latitude E6500 laptops and I now have C7 on all of them, and I do
not have any complaints on overheating. In fact, I get no complaints at all on the laptop, apart from being heavy.
I never had that on any laptop running Centos, and I have about 7 different models in use, Acer and Dell.

I'm  now working on a Latitude E6320. Yesterday, when burning a dvd, it became a bit warm, but no real issues.
No experience with E6420 though, sorry.

Greetings, Johan

Thanks for the feedback. Did you have to install or configure any packages differently for the laptops than you would a desktop?