Re: Actually try to install CentOS7

On 06/14/2015 08:12 AM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 03:39:56PM -0600, jd1008 wrote:
I tried the the two boot options.
They work (i.e. it does not crash.)
Good to hear!

However, it does not let me do manual partitioning.
That absolutely sucks and blows at the same time.
Who thought this crap out.
The Installer in CentOS7 is confusing, particularly the partitioning
section, but it *does* let you do manual partitioning.  If you see
this display:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Installation_Guide/images/diskpartsetup/disk-setup-x86.png

(From:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Installation_Guide/sect-disk-partitioning-setup-x86.html )

You need to pick 'I will configure partitioning'.

Also, it does not provide for the option to upgrade.
In fact the banner does not even say
Install or Upgrade.
No one ever said it would allow you to upgrade the system in-place.
Aside from the 'preupg' method (which can leave you with a brokent
system), the method you use to upgrade a system from CentOS6 to
CentOS7 is to back up your data, install CentOS7, and restore your
data.

The jump from CentOS6 to CentOS7 is big enough that a lot of software
can't safely be upgraded via yum.  It's not a minor update.

I did indeed see the option that says I will configure partitioning.
But when I return back to the screen (where it has all the icons
that let you select the initial things, like date, time ...etc, it says
about destination:  automatically....