Re: C5 : Firefox 38 bug

On 06/12/2015 04:05 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
On Fri, June 12, 2015 4:16 pm, jd1008 wrote:

On 06/12/2015 03:05 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
On Fri, June 12, 2015 3:54 pm, jd1008 wrote:
On 06/12/2015 02:32 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
On Fri, June 12, 2015 3:20 pm, John R Pierce wrote:
On 6/12/2015 1:03 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
But the bottom line is the same: in both cases you are executing
somebody's else code on your computer.
your computer is *ALWAYS* executing someone elses code, unless you
wrote
every line of code in it, including the BIOS and the firmware of all
the
attached devices.

Indeed. What was never mentioned in this thread is a chain of trust.
The
level of trust to what you get from your system vendor, software
vendors
(be they open source or proprietary) may be quite different from the
level
of trust to what you get when clicking on some web link inside some
search
page, or on some website (even if you visit the website often).

So, it is all about whom and what do you trust, and to what level can
you
afford to trust, and whether you are able to track the software code
the code origin.

This all was what I implied when I said that short phrase which may
look
ridiculously if taken literally - exactly as you pointed out -, but
may
make sense if you take into account the chains of trust involved.

Valeri

The more you know, the less you trust :) :)
Read the article:
http://www.kaspersky.com
Please, don't advertize Kaspersky here, especially when we are talking
about trust. He is KGB guy (is, not was; the only way they retire from
KGB, CIA, MI-5, and others is dead, feet first dead).

Valeri
I am not advertising, so please do not accuse anyone of this!
Just citing evidence that infiltration of spyware and malware
is far more sophisticated than anyone knew.
Sorry if it sounded like that: didn't mean it to sound like accusation...
I'm not native English speaker, you know ;-)

Valeri

Forgiven and forgotten :)