Re: Resize KVM NTFS file system[SOLVED]

On 06/09/2015 04:20 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
Many suggested the MS tools.  I tried those tools before turning to you
all for help.  The MS tools complained about trying to expand the active
file system.  It appears that the tools on Win7 Pro can not expand the
active system file system.

Diagnosing that problem, specifically, is probably off topic, but I can assure you that the tools on Windows 7 can expand an active file system. I shrank and expanded a partition (the C:\ volume) on Windows 7 Home Basic this morning, and I'm absolutely certain that every version of Windows 7 (and Windows Server 2008) can resize an active NTFS volume, with no chkdsk required.