Re: Command line mp3 player

On 5/22/2015 3:01 PM, Richard wrote:

------------ Original Message ------------
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015 11:52:43 AM -0700
From: Kirk Bocek <t004@xxxxxxxxxx>

On May 22, 2015 11:46:23 AM PDT, Bowie Bailey
<Bowie_Bailey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a CentOS 7 server that I want to use as an audio source
for our  hold music.  It does not have a GUI installed, so I am
looking for a  program with a command line interface that will
let me play a folder  full of mp3 files on a continuous loop.

MOC seems to do what I want, but I can't find a build for CentOS
7. Is  there another program that I can use for this?

Thanks.
This something I used years ago:

http://mpg321.sourceforge.net/

Don't know if it works on CentOS 7 anymore.

I think you can do that with mplayer, but you may need to build a
playlist first in order to play more than one file. It just worked
fine, in commandline, playing one specific file. I didn't try to
figure out commandline playlist building.

The nux repository, mentioned at the top of this centos wiki page,
has mplayer (and a bunch of other audio-related things).

  <http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS7>

mplayer is pulling in 83 dependencies! I think I'll look for something a bit more self-contained.

--
Bowie