Re: Turning off wifi in CentOS 7

On 5/19/2015 10:54 AM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
And that one drives me nuts. It breaks PXE boot kickstart builds. Maybe
*you* have all same model systems from the same manufacturer; we've got
boxen from...<thinking> at least five or six manufacturers, of varying
ages, from the 10+ yr old Altix 3000 from SGI, to the current one from
SGI, to my 5 yr old Dell workstation, to some old Penguins and several
Suns (soon to set, the sooner the better...). How do you deal with
everything from em1 to ens3f0, which comes up *only* after you start to
install.... In what conceivable way is this better than having your
scripts know that eth0 (or even em1) is always going to be how to talk to
the world?
<snip>

         mark "they sound like ham call letters"

Okay, diving in where angels don't know what the hell they are doing. (I would love for James to pipe in here.) *But*, it seems like in the section in his posting on setting up a fixed IP address (which is my immediate interest):

nmcli conection modify  connection.autoconnect yes ipv4.method manual ipv4.addr "10.0.0.1/24" ipv4.dns "10.0.1.1, 10.0.1.2" ipv4.gateway 10.0.0.254

Does not reference an actual interface name and nmcli is figuring everything out for you. *Unless* he is using "connection" here as a euphemism for an interface.

If "connection" is the actual string then a script would work regardless of host.