Re: Prevent network setup from changing the hostname

On 04/26/2015 08:28 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
Strange - you may have a dhcp server that accepts host names from the
clients - which of course would fit your use case. Just realize that not
all dhcp servers are setup to be that "lenient" when it comes to
preserving the host name picked by a client.

I can see in Wireshark that the client is not requesting any hostname
in the DHCP Request and is ignoring the hostname that is returned in
the DHCP ACK in favor of the one specified in /etc/sysconfig/network
as long as the latter is _not_ "localhost.localdomain".

                Do NOT delete it.