Re: Linux Australia breached, personal details leaked

On 4/7/2015 3:20 PM, Always Learning wrote:
Its stupid and unprofessional to store personal data on a public
accessible server when there is no current public requirement for that
data.

um, this mail list server is a 'public accessible server' and it has our email addresses, and possibly full names, which are 'personal data'.

a web forum often has more info that that, depending one what you filled in on your user profile. for instance, my registrations on several car-related forums include a list of the car year/models I own.