Re: OT: Recommended anti-virus for Windows

On 04/02/15 17:35, Brian Bernard wrote:
Well them plus CIA, NSA, Barney the Dinosaur and Teletubbies.

Brian Bernard
On Apr 2, 2015 5:58 PM, "Александр Кириллов" <nevis2us@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention: I also always recommend AGAINST using
kasperski. Kasperski is KGB guy (*cough* *cough* retired. You know in that
service retirement is only feet first dead, so you do your math).

Is KGB rant still in vogue in your new homeland?

I dislike KGB, NSA, CIA, and all other similar services and dirty trick divisions alike. Whichever country they work for. Always did. Never considered myself any sort of "fighter" against them. But I do advise my users to stay away from the ones I personally am certain about (kasperski antivirus in this case). And I do assume everyone who listens to my advise uses one's own brain to either take an advise or not. And come to ones own conclusion about either kasperski (in this case) or about me, - as you, Alexandr, did. Either is fine by me.

Sorry, Alexandr, it didn't mean to sound personal. And I know Russians often take anything said about anything else Russia related personally. But I do feel obliged to warn people whenever appropriate. Even taking chance stepping on other people toes (good people as well which I'm sure you are) if the last may be to sensitive about the subject.

My apology I'm answering somebody's else message, yours somehow didn't show up in my e-mail, but I'm sure there is no harm in that.

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago