Re: Kernel panic, CentOS 7.1503 fully updated, with executing gkrellm.

On 02-04-2015 02:04, Lamar Owen wrote:
Just a heads up, since I know gkrellm is in EPEL and not in the main
CentOS repos.  However, something fairly fundamental has changed, as
prior to updating, gkrellm worked fine, but now every time I execute
gkrellm the kernel panics.

I'm going to triage on a different machine, as the panic corrupted at
least one system library used by nautilus, but rpm -Va is your friend in
these situations, and yum reinstall is its close kin.  So I would prefer
to duplicate on a burner machine, and I'll try to get a snapshot of the
panic.

If anyone else wants to try to reproduce, simply try installing the
current gkrellm from EPEL on a fully updated CentOS 7 machine and see if
it panics on you.  I kindof hope it's local to my machine and its
configuration (/home is LUKS, for instance), and it would be great if
someone could verify that.

If it's that easy to reproduce, please grab the panic message or generate a vmcore through crashdump and report it at bugzilla.redhat.com against kernel component.

You may be using an EPEL application but kernel shouldn't be panicking like that, specially if you're running it as an user.

  Marcelo