Re: centos 7 database access only possible trough localhost and not IP

thanks very much to everybody,
it was in deed the fact, that postgres was only listening to localhost.

robert

On 15.03.2015 08:52, robert rottermann wrote:
Hi there and hello to everybody,

 I am all new to centos but I have good experience working with ubuntu and suse.
    We are moving a an elderly SuSe box to a virtual machine running centos 7.
    Now I experience the following problem.
    I can only access postgres using localhost as host. If I use the IP address
    (even 127.0.0.1).
I found a similar problem when accessing the host using http. There I found out
    (after lots of hair pulling) that I have to set a value using setsebool.
    So I assume, that I have a similar problem here.
    I would be grateful, if somebody could point me in the right direction ..
    thanks
 robert