Re: no access to certain WEB sites using CentOS 6.5

On 22/12/14 03:00, Igor Furlan wrote:
On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 6:44 PM, zep <zgreenfelder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
are you sure that DNS is working correctly on the VM?   e.g. what's in
etc/resolv.conf?   are you using NAT or a bridged network device?   is
there anything weird in the output of netstat -nr?   are you using
anything to proxy traffic?  is there anything in iptables that could be
blocking traffic?

Mystery resolved. The CAT5 cable from router to the switch hub was
flaky. After I've replaced it with another one all the illogical
puzzling behavior went away. What I do not understand is why, for
example, some sites like, www.google.com and  www.gmail.com worked
flawlessly all the time. At same time some  sites (like www.delo.si)
worked and some others did not (like www.dnevnik.si)

Hardware Heisenbugs are also a thing. Really.

Glad it worked out for you!

P.