Re: Centos7 Annoyances

On 10/31/2014 10:17 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Always Learning<centos@xxxxxxxxxxx>  said:
>Hopefully ? there is a Linux capable of providing conventional
>facilities on old, but working, 32-bit desktop and portable equipment
>which could be given to the needy people.
CentOS 6 didn't just disappear; it should still get updates through 2020
IIRC (by which time most of the 32 bit only hardware will probably have
died).  Just because the latest-greatest came out doesn't mean you have
to upgrade to it.

indeed. my old server at home still runs linux kernel 2.2.24, with an ipchains firewall on an old p3. it serves a few static html pages with apache 1.3. its an authoritative DNS server, with bind 9.6 that I built and configured by hand. I'm hoping to replace it with a pfSense firewall next week, and move my static webpages to my freeNAS box.