Re: Samba 4.1.6

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Bowie Bailey wrote:

On 10/17/2014 2:56 PM, me@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Bowie Bailey wrote:

> I just installed a CentOS 7 server and ran into a problem with Samba and > the
>  "force user" option.  Apparently, there was a fix for some "force user"
>  issues in the 4.1.6 release.
> > Is there any likelihood of an update from upstream? If not, is there > another
>  repo that provides a more up-to-date version of Samba?
 Have a look at http://www.sernet.de/en/samba/enterprisesamba/

 Their rpms have the latest and greatest samba versions.

That looked great until I got signed in and realized that they do not yet have CentOS 7 packages...

Sorry about that. I just verified that samba 4 Sernet packages only exist for
Centos 6.

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address	 		me123@xxxxxxxxxx